Monday, January 3, 2011

A BIG DISCOUNT WAREHOUSE in BERGENFIELD



Forget Pary City--this is your new go-to party store!
Tears brought me to this store. Literally! Years ago when my kids were really little and they wouldn't nap and wouldn't stop crying I buckled them into their car seats and drove. Mindlessly. All over Bergen County until they fell asleep. While driving a winding road behind Washington Avenue in Bergenfield enjoying the peace and quiet of two sleeping babies I past this store. I was so intrigued that I kept driving in circles to pass it. At each turn I saw women exiting with bags and bags of goodies and ribbons of mylar balloons floating above their heads. I stopped to ask one of these women about the store and was told, "Honey, if you don't know about this place then you're wasting your money!" I promised myself I would one day return. 

I didn't actually fulfill that promise until the summer of 2009 when I remembered it as I was flipping through cyber page after cyber page of discount party supplies for my son's birthday party. As soon as I entered the small interior space I knew this was the place for me. 

A Big Discount Warehouse has everything! They have all the supplies you need to throw a fabulous birthday party--invitations, decorations, favors, hats, balloons, paper goods, thank you's, table cloths, party games, and more. Their paper products are hands down, the cheapest! Even cheaper than the dollar stores because A Big Discount Warehouse gives you more in each package. And most of their paper goods are about $1. 

Invitations

Plates, hats, noisemakers

Cups of every size

Grass skirts, leis, beads and other party dress-up favorites. Yes, they have firemen hats, construction hats and princess crowns too!

A wide assortment of mylar balloons for every celebration! (They have character balloons as well.)

 In addition to having an enormous selection of party supplies, they have everything imaginable for every holiday. Here's what their Christmas selection looked like: 
Artificial trees, ribbons, decorations

Plates, cups, decorative ribbons, stocking stuffers

Stockings, outdoor decorations, cards, Hanukkah supplies


A Big Discount Warehouse also has everything you need for other holidays as well and they keep a sampling of them out all year long if you want to stock up early: 


Halloween goody bags, buckets, cards, party supplies and more!

Thanksgiving cups, plates, and napkins







Sometimes on a Friday night my kids invite their friends over for a movie and popcorn. I like to go to A Big Discount Warehouse to buy their popcorn bowls. They also have movie theater containers to put candy in. I put popcorn in the buckets and some candy in the containers and for the price of one 3-D ticket it makes the kids feel like they're in a movie theater. 





Reusable popcorn buckets and bowls


And if it's school supplies you need, this is the place. I was most amazed that they had tri-fold display boards for well under $10. I don't want to tell you what I paid at Staples for one of these babies!




PTA's and Home and School Associations will also find A Big Discount Warehouse the place to get your fundraising supplies. Rolls of raffle tickets that sell for about $28-30 in other party supply stores are under $10 here. They also sell Tricky Tray tickets as well. 




Rolls of raffle tickets

Sheets of Tricky Tray tickets 


Also, A Big Discount Warehouse gives a 10% discount to teachers and will work with PTA's and Home and School Associations on orders. 

Inventory seems to come in just about everyday, so you'll always find something new. And they're not only about party and holiday supplies. They have some really cool things for kids' bedrooms--comforters, lamps, chairs, netting for over the bed...In the summer they have all kinds of pool floats, beach balls, lawn games, water guns and blasters, kids' picnic sets and chairs, and so much more. 

What I like most about A Big Discount Warehouse is that it's indepenently owned. Linda is most likely the face you'll see when you're there. She's friendly, helpful, and always accomodating. 

Go visit A Big Discount Warehouse and tell all your friends!


A Big Discount Warehouse is located at 105 Woodbine Street in Bergenfield. (Woodbine Street runs parallel to Washington Ave off New Bridge Road.) Open Monday-Friday 11am-7pm and Saturday 11am-6pm. www.abigdiscountwarehouse.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment